Memphis, Cordova, Germantown & Collierville TN
Getting Rid of Mice, Rats and Other Rodents
If your home or business has an infestation of mice, rats, or other rodents, it’s time to take action. Not only do these pests potentially carry disease, but they multiple very quickly. They can become a large colony within a matter of weeks, leaving you with a very hard-to-manage and costly problem. Getting rid of rats and mice does not have to be hard to do once you know what steps to take. Most importantly, hire an experienced professional to handle the work for you. This minimizes your risk of having a long term problem.
Get an Inspection First
The first step in gaining control over rodents and other pests is to have a licensed professional inspect your home.
This is important for several reasons:
- We’ll learn what type of rodent is present in your home or business so that the proper methods of ridding your home of it can be utilized.
- We’ll learn where they are lurking in your home, again so that treatment is customized to meet your needs.
- It’s also important to pinpoint points of entry, which can often be a key concern in overcoming the problem for good.
- A thorough inspection will allow for the best treatment to be determined and help you to know exactly what you are facing.
What Can Rodent Infestations Do to Your Home?
If you have rodents in your home, the damage they can cause is significant. They can damage insulation, the wood throughout the structural components of your home, the electrical wiring, and much more. Rodents also carry disease and leave behind a large amount of fecal matter. They can get into your home’s cabinets, behind drawers, and even into your food. Many times, if you see a rodent in your home, this indicates the population is already significant.
You may have a problem if you notice:
- Droppings throughout the home especially in the kitchen, cabinets, and pantries
- Squeaks or other noises
- Trails or pools of urine
- Small bite marks on boxes or other materials
- Grease marks
What’s Lurking in Your Home?
There are many types of rodents that could be in your home. None of these should be, though.
Here are a few examples of what may be present:
- House mouse: Smaller, often gray or brown, house mice tend to be hard to notice until populations are large.
- Deer mouse: These are particularly worrisome because they transmit disease; they have larger ears and tend to be brown or lighter in color
- Roof rat: Larger, these rodents tend to live in upper areas of the home such as in attics; they tend to bike wiring and can cause fires as a result
- Voles: These can be large and have as many as 80 pups a year! They are gray in color with small eyes.
- Moles: The big hands and star-nose give these rodents away. They, too, are larger and have a gray coloring
What You Can Do Today
Do you think you need help getting rid of rats or mice? Chances are good you need this type of help if you have any of these or other types of rodents. We provide free evaluations and can help you get rid of the problem effectively.
The options for mice removal and pest removal may include:
- Rodent-proofing the home
- Sanitation and vector control
- Remediation as needed
- Proper treatment
- Long term monitoring and prevention steps
Don’t wait to get mice removal. Our rodent pest control services can effectively help you to protect your home and your family from these pests. Call us at (901) 737-7378 for a free evaluation of your particular rodent problem and Get Rid Of Rodents In Your Home!