Serving Memphis, Cordova, Germantown & Collierville TN
If cockroaches enter your home or business, they can threaten both your health and your belongings. It takes very little time for a complete infestation to occur, starting with just one egg-carrying female. Cockroaches also referred to as roaches, have been a well-known pest for many years, but thanks to new strides in pest control technology, AAA Termite and Pest Control has several new methods available when it comes to cockroach treatment.
At AAA Termite and Pest Control, we use several different approaches for cockroach treatments. The method that we use for your home or business will be dependent on your specific case.
A popular form of cockroach treatment is to place small beads of gel bait in strategic locations where cockroaches have been seen or are expected to live, travel, and feed. Once the roaches consume the gel, they will die.
Another method is using Integrated Pest Management (IPM), which essentially uses an effective yet environmentally friendly approach. We use a combination of common sense practices, paired with our expertise of the life cycle of roaches, and how they interact with their environment to treat the problem with methods of control that are not harmful to humans, pets, or the environment. An example if IPM would be to determine entry points where roaches are entering your home, and suggest ways to repair these areas, as well as how to eliminate their food source.
Liquid sprays are another method of eliminating roaches. However, we do not use sprays in conjunction with the gel bait, as it would reduce the effectiveness of the bait. Once we bait any live roaches inside, we can return to spray a liquid repellant around entry points, doorways, and windows, as well as outside your home to prevent roaches from reentering. We may also use dust to repel and kill roaches, but our trained technicians will choose the best method for treating roaches in your home or business.
Preparing for your cockroach treatment
- Before gel baits can be placed, your professional pest control technician should provide you with a prep list that should be completed prior to a service call. Failing to follow this list precisely could cause a safety hazard or lead to re-infestation.
- First, your home should be thoroughly cleaned before the appointment with your pest control technician and maintained neatly after the appointment to help encourage long-term results. This cleanup should include mopping all hard floors and woodwork as well as vacuuming all carpeted floors and rugs.
- Make sure to cover and store any open food. Clear off kitchen countertops of any food, small appliances, and other small items that may provide obstacles and impede placing the bait. Also, remember to store pet food in a sealed container, and avoid leaving leftovers in your pet’s food bowl as this can attract cockroaches and other pests.
- If you have an infant, store and cover any toys and supplies. Make sure to tell your pest control technician when he or she arrives if you have a child under the age of one.
- Vacuum up any visible roaches and eggs just before your pest control technician arrives. Then, immediately take the vacuum cleaner outside, remove the bag, seal it, and throw it in the trash. Next, wipe down the entire vacuum cleaner with a damp cloth. If you see any insects or eggs anywhere on or near the vacuum cleaner after this, vacuum them again or kill them.
- Take your garbage out every night, and always keep your garbage in closed containers.
- Make sure your pest control technician will have free and full access by removing impediments from the top of your refrigerator and stove. Move these appliances away from the wall just before the service appointment so you can clean behind and beneath them. Many stoves have a removable bottom drawer that allows you to pull it out and clean the drawer as well as the floor underneath.
- Make your pest control technician aware if anyone in the home has allergy issues or is pregnant. Keep all people and pets away from the area being serviced for however long your pest control technician recommends.
- Once the bait has been placed, do not touch the gel bait or allow your children and pets to get near it.
Get rid of cockroaches by hiring a professional pest control company in Cordova
If you have cockroaches, you can treat them yourself through bug spray and other over-the-counter measures, but if you want lasting results that will eradicate the pests for good, consider hiring a professional pest control company like AAA Termite and Pest Control. Our technicians have access to higher-quality materials than those that consumers can purchase in stores, and we have the experience and training to use these materials safely and effectively.
To learn more about how AAA Termite and Pest Control can treat for cockroaches or any other type of pest, call our office today at (901) 737-7378.
AAA Termite and Pest Control is proud to serve homes and businesses in the areas of Memphis and Cordova in west Tennessee.